Policy on the protection of applicant’s personal data
MEDITERRANEO VDL takes privacy and the protection of personal data very seriously.
As a result, we have put in place strict measures to guarantee the protection, confidentiality and security of your personal data, and to ensure that such data is processed and used in compliance with the applicable regulations, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (GDPR) and Act no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties (French Data Protection Act).
1. Scope of this policy
This policy applies to all processing by MEDITERRANEO VDL, as the Data Controller within the meaning of the applicable regulations, of personal data relating to applicants applying for or responding to existing job offers.
2. Data collected, purpose and legal basis
- Identification and contact data (surname, first name, email address, phone number),
- CV, educational and career path,
- Motivation letter,
- All information we collect during interviews as part of the recruitment process,
- All information you provide to us as part of the recruitment process.
This data is either collected directly from you, or provided by third parties, including recruitment agents, or by the referees you indicated as part of the recruitment process.
Purpose of collection:
The information collected is processed for the following purposes:
- To assess your application to enable us to decide whether you are a suitable candidate for the position in question, or for any other position at MEDITERRANEO VDL,
- More generally, to manage the recruitment process and to contact you to arrange an interview,
- Unless you have specified otherwise, to contact you in the future should any relevant opportunities arise at MEDITERRANEO VDL.
This processing is partly necessary for the fulfilment of pre-contractual requirements, namely analysing your application and determining whether we wish to offer you an employment contract, and partly in the legitimate interest of our company, whereby we will retain your file to enable us to contact you in the future should a suitable opportunity arise. This processing also helps MEDITERRANEO VDL to optimise its recruitment process, which benefits both the company and applicants.
3. Data retention period
We keep your data for as long as is needed to serve the purpose for which it was collected and processed (see point 2).
If your application is successful and you are employed by MEDITERRANEO VDL, your data will be kept for the duration of your employment with MEDITERRANEO VDL (term of the employment contract) and for the specified subsequent period, after which it will be deleted (five years after you have left the company).
If your application is unsuccessful, your data will be kept for a period of six months, after which it will be deleted.
4. Accessing and sharing your data
Your data is only internally accessible to departments that need to access it for the purposes set out in point 2: the Human Resources department and the internal department linked to the position for which you have applied.
Your personal data may also be shared with:
- Public authorities, where required by law,
- French or foreign authorities, in response to legal or administrative proceedings of any kind or enforcement actions brought by the competent authorities.
We may be required to work with service providers acting as subcontractors to provide services relating to processing of the data we have collected. The services provided by such providers may include hosting, data processing, database management or IT maintenance. These service providers will only act as instructed by MEDITERRANEO VDL, and are bound by the same obligations of security and confidentiality as MEDITERRANEO VDL.
5. Protection and security of your personal data
MEDITERRANEO VDL agrees to take all reasonable and appropriate organisational and technical measures to prevent the disclosure, use, modification, loss or destruction of the personal data provided by applicants.
6. Your rights
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have the following rights concerning your personal data:
- The right to be informed,
- The right of access,
- The right to rectification,
- The right to erasure,
- The right to restrict processing,
- The right to object to the processing of your data, where such processing is in the legitimate interest of MEDITERRANEO VDL (see point 2),
- The right to data portability,
- The right to establish instructions for the management of your personal data after death,
- The right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL (French National Data Protection Commission).
7. Contact us:
If you have any questions concerning this policy, or wish to exercise any of your rights, please email us at: email@example.com or write to us at:
MEDITERRANEO VDL S.L.
Ctra N-340, Km 1040